During the summer and fall of 2010, this community will be holding a low-pressure prompt-based round. Rules for this round are here. The schedule is as follows:
Tentative Schedule Prompt Post: Open July 8th-29th At this post, you may leave prompts for fic, art, fanmixes, and more.
Claiming Post: Open July 30th until November 30th At this post, all prompts will be listed and you may claim prompts for yourself. Participants are limited to two prompts at a time until they have completed and posted their previous prompts. There is no limit to how many people may claim the same prompt.
Posting: August 1st until November 30th On August 1st, I will give all members of the community posting access. Posting will be moderated, and submissions will be approved by me. I will only approve posts submitting fulfilled prompts. All other posts will be rejected.
Tentatively, we will be holding another anonymous gift exchange round in early 2011.
About the Community We are an anonymous exchange community for fan fiction and fan art featuring Harry Potter and Luna Lovegood. The community works much like a Secret Santa exchange, with participants signing up to request a piece of art or fic, then creating a gift for another participant based on that person's request. The gifts are posted by the mods and remain anonymous until all gifts have been posted.
How to Join At this time, community membership is closed, and all posts are unlocked and open to everyone.
Rules for Participation: * If you request a gift, you must create a gift for someone else. This is an exchange; therefore by signing up you agree to contribute a work of fiction or art. If you drop out of the exchange, do not turn in a gift, or create a gift that does not match the request, you will not receive a gift in return.
* We kindly ask that you not sign up if you have had problems completing fest submissions in the past.
* Journals created within two months of the sign-up date will not be permitted to participate, nor will empty journals. This is to ensure that everyone who signs up for the fest is serious about participating and will complete their assignments. If you have had your journal for fewer than two months and would really like to participate, please contact the mods directly. We will look at all requests on a case-by-case basis. Please note that each sign-up is at the mod's discretion.
* This community will feature all ratings, from G to NC-17. Higher-rated posts will remain unlocked, so please use discretion and think before you click, particularly if you are too young to view sexually explicit materials in your state or country of residence. If you request a gift rated R or above, you must have an age statement visible on your profile saying that you are 18 years or older.
Rules for Gift Submissions: * All fics must feature a relationship between Harry and Luna. Threesomes and moresomes are only appropriate if Harry and Luna are significantly involved with one another outside of the group. Gen fic, friendship fic, and implied relationship fics are wonderful, but only if neither of them is involved in a romantic relationship. (Love triangles are the exception to this rule, if the Harry/Luna is implied.) Crossovers are also fine, but only if requested and only if the other characters do not take over the fic. Please keep in mind that the focus of the fest is Harry/Luna and that their relationship should be the focus of your gift.
* Any characters engaging in sexual activity in the fics and artwork must be 16 or older. There are no exceptions to this rule. All headings must have disclaimers to this effect. Mentions of past sexual activity are acceptable as long as they are not explicit.
* Fics must gave a minimum of 1000 words; there is no maximum. Artwork should be at least 400x400 pixels. All gifts should reflect the time and effort that the creator put into creating it.
* This community does not tolerate homophobic, racist, sexist, ableist, transphobic, or otherwise prejudiced ideals. Submissions endorsing these values will be rejected, and members who promote these values in comments may be banned without warning. If you touch upon these issues in your submission, please use appropriate warnings.
* All fics must be beta read before submission. The moderator will read over every fic that is submitted for this fest to check that a) the fic adheres to the request and fulfills it, b) that the heading has been filled out properly, with appropriate warnings, and c) for overall readability. Moderators reserve the right to return gifts that fail to meet the request of the recipient or do not meet standards for length or quality. If we feel that your fic has not been properly betaed (i.e. there are multiple typos or grammar errors, major characterization issues, et al.) then we will return your fic to you to be re-betaed. Likewise, any fic or art that does not adhere to the recipient's likes/dislikes list will be returned to be fixed.
* Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission deadline. No revisions will be permitted after submission, except at the mod's discretion.
Rules for General Participation: * Rudeness will not be tolerated. Constructive criticism is fine, but flames are not appropriate. Anyone who breaks this rule may be banned without notice.
* All fics and art must remain anonymous until the end of the exchange when artist and writer identities are revealed. If you guess in advance -- because let's face it, sometimes it's obvious –- please refrain from saying so outright in comments. If you do, your comment will be deleted or screened until reveals. Please do not discuss identifying details about your submission on your personal journal.
* Do not cross-post your submission until after the reveal.
Fest Schedule July 31st: Sign-ups begin August 10th: Sign-ups close
Assignments will be sent out within one week.
October 6th: Submissions are due October 21st: Posting begins Mid-November: Posting ends November 25th: Reveals go up